Monday, March 23, 2015

Falafel Sandwich Laptop Lunch


Ugh, I have been super lazy about packing my lunches lately. So, in an effort to eat healthier and save money, I pulled out my trusty Laptop Lunchbox and packed myself a (somewhat) healthy lunch. Okay, so it's not a very pretty bento, but there is a cute little kitty in the tomatoes, so that should count for something right?

What's included:

The falafel sandwich is made from Falafelim frozen falafels. I defrosted a few, shaped them into a patty, then baked them. These falafels are the best because they don't have any additives like many of the pre-made ones or dry mixes do. The sandwich is on Rudi's gluten free bread with Whole Foods hummus, sprouts and thinly sliced cucumbers.

The little salad is some leftover Beets and Greens salad (kit from Eat Smart) from last night's dinner.

If you are a Pinterest addict like me I'm sure you have seen the two-ingredient muffins/cookies. Basically it's a cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Well, I modified the recipe a bit. My mini cake bites are made from a Betty Crocker Gluten Free Devil's Food Cake Mix, a can of pumpkin puree, two tablespoons of coconut oil, a tablespoon of ground flax, a tablespoon of ground chia, and a cup of dairy free chocolate chips. So, this dessert isn't exactly healthy, but it's not that bad...right?

Lastly, a cup of cut tomatoes to add a few more veggies to my lunch. 

Om nom... I'm already looking forward to lunch.


No comments: