Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Panda Bento


Panda Bento
Originally uploaded by HazelCreevy

The spring rolls pictured here were an experiment for me. I had spring roll wrappers and Thai marinated tofu from Trader Joe's, and I wanted to make some Thai spring rolls. Using what I had in the fridge, I threw them together and they actually came out amazing! I don't usually have any luck with experimental recipes (but I keep trying). So, here is the recipe:

Jessica's Thai Spring Rolls

1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 clove chopped garlic
1 tbs chopped fresh lemon basil
1 cup sauerkraut
1 tbs chopped pickled ginger
1 tbs olive oil

Mix the above ingredients. Place approximately 1 tbs of veggie mixture on spring roll wrapper. Lay some thinly sliced Thai marinated tofu on top. Wrap up and fry in olive oil. Serve with Thai peanut dipping sauce.

I still can't believe they came out good, but my boyfriend agrees. I think the marinated tofu is the important part, and the veggies are negotiable.

Click the picture for my Flickr page with details on the other bento ingredients.

No comments: