Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Can't Wait for Summer Bento


I can't wait for Summer Bento
Originally uploaded by JB Doodles

It is only just spring, yet I am anxious for the summer to come. Especially considering the frigid weather we have been having in Connecticut. Today's bento features some fresh veggies, vegetarian chik'n nuggets, tamagoyaki, and hummus & whole wheat pita triangles.

Using some extra egg, I made a small egg sheet and cut out a little bird (which resembles a seagull to me) using a mini cookie cutter. I also added a starfish pick to round out the summer (beach) theme.

Not pictured is a small container of salad dressing for dipping. If my small nalgene bottles weren't currently being used, they would have fit nicely under the pita triangles, making it a one-box meal.

No comments: